Rose Water has many crucial benefits for the skin and hair and has been used since the 7th Century
1. It balances skin’s natural oils.
2. It can help reduce the look of temporary redness.
3. It helps to naturally hydrate.
4. It has antioxidant properties that nourish and protect the skin.
5. It smells like roses.
6. It can help prevent fine lines and wrinkles and diminish the look of existing ones.
7. It can help to unclog pores and create a smoother looking appearance.
8. It minimizes the appearance of large pores.
9. It can temporarily tighten skin.
10. It provides a clean base for nutrients.
Here’s how best to use rose water for skin:
- Cleanse your skin.
- Apply the rose water toner to your face and neck. (It can come in a spray bottle or you can apply with a cloth or cotton pad.)
- Apply any other serums or treatments.
- Apply moisturizer.
- Apply sunscreen (if daytime).
What Skin Type is Rose Water Good for?
It’s good for all skin types! There are four different standard skin types, each with its own unique needs. Here’s a breakdown of how rose water toner works for each.
Sensitive Skin: Rose water is known for being gentle, so it’s beneficial for sensitive skin that may have issues with other ingredients. It’s also soothing and nourishing, so it has a lot of properties that make sense for sensitive skin.
Oily Skin: Because rose water balances skin’s natural oils and works wonders as a toner, it’s a great fit for oily skin.
Dry Skin: Rose water is a natural hydrator, providing moisture where skin needs it most. It’s perfect for dry skin as it can offer a nourishing boost.
Combination Skin: Like oily and dry skin, rose water benefits are clear with combination skin. It balances the natural oils and helps to hydrate any dry areas, keeping combination skin in check.
ROSE WATER BENEFITS FOR YOUR HAIR
1. SOFTENS HAIR
Regular water typically contains minerals like calcium that can build up on your hair and cause it to become brittle. However, because rosewater is distilled it can help make your hair softer and fuller.
2. REDUCES DANDRUFF AND OILINESS
Rosewater can help with reducing oiliness and dandruff. This is down to the fact it is a mild astringent (helps with constricting your body tissues)
3. HELPS WITH SCALP ISSUES
Rosewater is known to be an anti-inflammatory, which means it could potentially help with scalp conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. A healthy scalp equals healthy hair!
4. REDUCES FRIZZ AND ADD SHINE
Now, this isn’t known science, however, a lot of women with curly hair rave about how rosewater has calmed down their frizzy locks and added shine.
HOW TO USE ROSE WATER FOR YOUR HAIR
You have two options when it comes to using rose water at home. You can buy it or make it yourself – see below!
Ways to use rose water include:
- Pour onto your hair and use it as a rinse after shampooing or applying conditioner
- Add it to a spray bottle and use it as a mist to decrease frizz and add shine
- Add it to your prefered shampoo or conditioner
- Gently pat it onto your scalp using a cotton pad to help reduce dandruff and itching
OTHER USES OF ROSEWATER
You can use rose water for more than just your hair. Thanks to its mineral properties and versatility, it can be used in a wide range of applications. It may help with:
- Healing scars, cuts and wounds
- Reducing the redness of irritated skin and help with acne and eczema
- Strengthen skin cells thanks to its antioxidant properties
- Reduce redness under your eyes when applied with a cotton pad
- Delaying wrinkles and even tightening pores
- Reducing headaches and migraines
It’s undeniable that rosewater is a hidden gem in the hair and beauty world. It’s a great natural hair care and beauty product and will only enhance your beauty regime